Guys, someone started the day just right. Yes, yours truly went for morning light jog (ok, it was more a speed walk pace). The weather was superb; temperatures in the early 70’s. Not only did I work up a sweat but I worked up an appetite. I had left-overs in the refrigerator; a frittata hopped in my mind. I couldn’t wait to get back to base.
So, what did I do? Yours truly grabbed hold of last night’s left over Jamaican rum marinara sauce(1/2 cup) along with spaghetti(1/4 cup) Some of the other ingredients added were:
- Eggs (2 Large)
- Cheese (sprinkle)
- Asparagus (3 spears)
- Salt/pepper (pinch)
- Olive oil (2 tsp)
- Butter (1 tsp/pat)
- Pre-cook asparagus spears in microwave for two minutes and cut in one inch pieces
- Whisk eggs and add a splash of milk if preferred.
- Add all the ingredients (marinara,cheese(reserve a little for top),
- In a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and a pat of butter.
- Add frittata mixture and allow bottom to set under low heat. Keep an egg on the edges.
- Finish cooking the top under broiler for about four minutes. Or flip onto a plate and then slid back into skillet for completion on stove top.
Make sure to wrap the handle of your skillet with foil if finishing top under broiler.
Guys, I couldn’t help myself. What’s life without a few pieces of crispy bacon? So, I indulged on a tad (well, a little bigger than a tad). I served my dish with fresh fruits and a cup of java. Now guys, I’m on top of the world!!