It doesn’t take much for yours truly to celebrate. There’s no need to wait for once per year. For me, every day is a celebration. So, what did I do? I fetched two of my champagne chutes and went to town. By the way, these two are gifts from a good mate. Seems like we’re always in a celebratory mood. Thanks to her……yeah!!
Had a couple of medium-sized cucumbers. But, I know their shelf lives are very low. Can’t afford to let them go to waste. Never felt like having them in a garden salad or pickling them. So, yours truly opted to chop them up and make a refreshing cucumber juice.
- Cucumbers (2 med)
- Lemon (1 Large) (lemon would be perfect)
- Ground Ginger (1 tbsp)
- Honey (a generous squeeze) (any sweetener is great)
- Water (1 pint)
- Thoroughly rinsed my cucumbers under tap water.
- Further did a quick rinse with boiling water to remove any residual dirt or pesticide and cooled with cold water.
- Chopped cucumbers in sizable pieces to accommodate blender (standing).
- Used my knife to mince ginger.
- Added water, juice of lemon and all the other ingredients in blender and pureed same to a smooth finish. (I made sure to further liquefy honey with a little boiling water)
Guys, I served my cucumber juice in my champagne chutes. I had both chutes (just minutes to chug down). It was refreshing and quite tasty. I knew for sure that I started my day just right. I’m over the moon knowing that I had incorporated great fibers and other beneficial nutrients to my body. Salud!!