Many territories around the globe, winter is in its peak. However, today, in my neck of the woods, it feels like summer. Guys, the temperatures are flirting in the early eighties and the humidity is above average. Now, what the heck is going on? I’ve my so-called Floridian winter gears. Well, sweaters and jackets are on hold nearby. I guess, I’ve to abandon same.
Anyway guys, lately dear Georgie (George Foreman grill)has been my friend. Thought it was the perfect and opportune time to put it to use. Decided on an eggplant parmesan. But first, I made my home-made tomato sauce with a few plump and sweet tomatoes I had on my counter. Along with three cloves of garlic,bell pepper, diced onion, and dried seasoning below, I simmered this ‘bad boy’ to a great consistency.
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
- After I made tomato sauce, I set aside.
- Rinsed and sliced eggplant. Then, I seasoned with salt and set slices for a few minutes so as to pull out the bitter taste and to flavor.
- Eggplant slices were brushed with garlic flavored olive oil and placed on hot and grill that was previously sprayed with Pam oil.
4. Eggplant slices were grilled for approximately 10 minutes.
5. After grilling of eggplant slices, these were topped with homemade tomato sauce and sliced parmesan cheese. Then, these were placed under the broiler for approximately five minutes for cheese to melt.
6. After cheese was melted, I garnished my eggplant parmesan with parsley (Ran out of basil).