If you haven’t made reservations for you and your significant other for valentines, not to worry. Come to think about it, the waiting period for your meals will be very extensive. And, let’s face it, it doesn’t matter the rating of the restaurant (4 or 5 star), unfortunately, the service can be somewhat disappointing during busy periods.
There is a way to have a spectacular experience by cooking and preparing an intimate meal for you and your sweetheart. It’s easy to prepare, light on the stomach, and super delicious. Both of you can get involve in prepping and cooking.
On this special evening/night, roasted chicken breasts in grape sauce with a hint of white wine is an ideal dish to indulge in. The ingredients are:
- Chicken breasts (2) bone-in with skin (optional)
- Grapes (for sauce and garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed garlic (2 cloves)
- Thyme (2 table spoons)
- Onion (half of a med.)
- Dried Basil (1/4 teaspoon)
- Left-over chardonnay wine (1/2 cup)
- Pat of butter (basting chicken)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoon)
- Parsley (sprig)
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, other dried seasoning and crushed garlic. Set aside.
- In a ziplock bag, massage grapes until they burst and emit juices.
- Place them in skillet with honey under low to medium heat.
- In a sturdy skillet, drizzle olive and heat.
- Remove garlic from chicken breast and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Sear skin side of chicken until they become crispy. Do corresponding side. Add pat of butter and baste chicken pieces.
- Add a drizzle of left-over white wine and scrape and combine bits from bottom of pan. Add roughly chopped onion.
- Place in a pre-heated oven of 400 degrees for thirty minutes; turning once.
- Add an additional 3 minutes with skin-side up at 410 degrees for extra crispness of skin.
- Allow chicken to rest for about ten minutes so as to prevent the juices from running out of chicken.
- Roughly puree grape sauce in blender and place on plate. Slice chicken breast pieces and garnish with herb of choice. Add fresh grapes on the side.
Guys, this dish was certainly a winner. The chicken was super tender and loaded with amazing flavors. My taste buds were greatly surprised by the tart and sweet flavors from the grape sauce along with the fresh grapes. Moreover, I added a side dish of mashed sweet potatoes which brought my dish to another level. I was over the moon.
Guys, Happy Valentines Day!