The ingredients for sweet potato patties are:
- Sweet potatoes (2 med)
- Bread crumbs (2 table spoon)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
- Honey (1 teaspoon or sprinkle of sugar) (optional)
- Whole wheat flour (3 table spoon)
- Canola oil to cover the bottom of skillet
- Scrub potatoes with brush, dry and then use a fork to prick
- Bake in microwave oven for approximately 7 to 8 minutes depending on temperature of oven. Turn once half-way during cooking period.
- When potatoes are cooled, remove skin. Then add potatoes to bowl. Use fork to smash potatoes.
- Add sprinkle of cinnamon, salt, honey, and bread crumbs and combine. Don’t over mix.
- Place whole wheat flour on plate.
- Form patties to required sizes and lightly dredge each patty through flour.
- Add oil to skillet under low to medium heat. Pan fry patties on each side until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Drain excess oil from patties on paper towel.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with any protein of choice or as a snack with a dollop of sour cream or apple sauce.