Who says one has to consume the typical supper/dinner items? Well, my palate wasn’t in the mood to partake of the norm. So, I went with the flow. Actually, I had eaten my supper for lunch. I was overly tired and didn’t feel like preparing anything from scratch. My freezer is a god-send. Once again, it came through for yours truly. Well, tucked away in close proximity to the some frozen cream corn, I found some left-over stewed peas and rice.
I thought I stuck gold. So, I let my microwave did the talking and thus I had dinner for lunch. Fast forward to supper time, my sensitive and smart palate just didn’t feel like consuming the typical supper menu. As a result, I went with the flow. I knew I had three zucchini from my last shopping trip.
I thought about doing some grilled zucchini with cheesy scrambled eggs. But somehow, that didn’t appeal to me and I dropped the idea. Funny how things just pop in the head. You see, I got a culinary brainstorm of sort. And, that’s how zucchini fritters became my supper.
I fetched my main ingredients and apparatus: I used my box grater to shred zucchini and cheeses (jalapeno/cheddar).
- Zucchini (medium/large) shredded
- Onion (half of medium) finely chopped
- Scallion (1 stalk) finely chopped
- Parsley (1 teaspoon) finely chopped
- Eggs (2 med) beaten
- 2% Milk (half cup)
- Jalapeno and sharp cheddar cheese (1/3 cup)
- All purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- whole-wheat flour (1/4 cup)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Garlic (clove) to flavor oil
- Combination of olive/canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl, milk was added to beaten eggs.
- Onion, scallion, parsley, flour, salt,black pepper were combined.
- Zucchini and cheese were then added and folded with other ingredients.
- In a hot skillet, garlic was added to oil and slowly heated so as to flavor. Then was tossed.
- Fritters were pan-fried two at time under low to medium heat until they were crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside.
Guys, I was super-happy with the results. I served them with a dollop of sour cream. Fritters were crispy on the exterior and full of flavors on the inside. My palate and I were very delighted.