Breakfast was quite a protein-packed affair. I was in the mood for something super-filling and nutritious. All roads led me to my handy cast iron skillet. It has been sometime since I last used. With eggs sitting at room temperature, I had a perfect dish in my mind. Decided to make a frittata.
I love frittatas because they are versatile and satisfying. As a result, they can be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Moreover, one can have a free-hand with it. And, that’s what I did. I decided to incorporate the following which included Ritz crackers:
Method:( Both stove-top/oven were used)
- In a bowl, eggs were beaten with a splash of milk and seasoned with salt and black pepper to taste.
- All vegetables were added to batter along with shredded cheddar cheese.
- In hot cast iron skillet, a drizzle of olive oil was added along with a pat of butter. Finely chopped onions were added for softening.
- Batter was added under low heat to allow bottom to set.
- After approximately four to five minutes, this was placed in pre-heated 320 degree oven for another five minutes after adding left-over grated cheese.
- Dish was placed under the broiler for another two minutes to melt cheese.